Monday, March 16, 2009

Pappadeaux's or Bust


It's not a very well kept secret that I love Gulf Shrimp (No Not Prawns) fried Cajun style so it should surprise no one that we went to Pappadeaux today. Vivian wanted to treat and I didn't argue, even a little.


Oh they have everything including Alligator.


They had a nice cascade of water out front ...


... so I tried to get some motion shown in this picture.


Inside the decor was Louisiana Modern and the wait staff wore the traditional white shirt and tie.


While Vivian, Monica and Sharyn were making up their minds on what to order (I didn't need time, fried shrimp is what I live for, I took some pictures inside.


Sharyn had ordered an appetizer of crab fondeaux (that's Cajun for fondue)that was delicious and was served with hot garlic bread to spread the concoction on before sighing with every bite.


I kind of liked the fish above the hallway to the ladies and men's rooms. Kind of like a red snapper with tiger stripes.


I was thinking working as bartender might fall into the hazardous duty category after looking at the wooden speedboat above the bartender's head.


They also had fresh seafood in an ice case at the entrance and while the fish looked evil ...

... the crayfish looked heavenly.


After inhaling my shrimp I decided to get a few more pictures of the entrance outside the restaurant.

I especially liked the revolving door...

... and the plants like these colorful leaves and ...


... the delicate white flowers.


I liked the flowers so much I'm including two shots.


I also liked the way the light was illuminating this leaf.


We didn't get any desert but this concoction in a Ball Jar with a Strawberry on top looked absolutely decadent.


On the drive back home, with Monica driving I got this shot of a fake longhorn and calf just for laughs and ...

... this great old gnarled tree.

No Scrabble

Quote of the Day
"We must not permit our respect for the dead or our sympathy for the living to lead us into an act of injustice to the balance of the living." ~ Davy Crockett


No comments:

Copyright

©Paul Viel