Sunday, June 05, 2005

Good day, Average day - No rain

Picture of the day taken by Sharyn in Des Moines, Iowa Capitol of Iowa
Image hosted by me


Image hosted by me


As we left the Prairie Oasis RV park I took this picture of a broken down wagon placed at the entrance of the park for effect. The park was great, the owners were terrific and it was a good place to stay the night. The people in the site next to us were from Iowa and had come to Henderson, Nebraska for the Gospel and Bluegrass competition at the High School. We were tempted to go but to tired to even get the energy to think about it. I did buy some California peaches from the owner. He said he preferred them to the Colorado peaches most people in the area buy. After trying them I have to say they were fresh and wonderful.



Image hosted by me


As we drove into Iowa everything was a blur of open fields not quite as in Nebraska and things were pretty monotonous until we spotted Outlaw Cycle in Madison County (yup the same Madison county as in the book Bridges of Madison County.) it smiled as I snapped this picture of a cycle shop posing as a Prairie schooner.


Image hosted by me


I'm a sucker for the prairie architecture of old homes and since we had to find a place to turn around after taking the picture of Outlaw Cycle we drove by this vacant home so I snapped it up for posterity.


Image hosted by me
I really took this picture not expecting much since it was taken backwards guessing what I was shooting since we were turning around at the Iowa Road Sign graveyard.
Image hosted by me

Quote of the day
From Calmly We Walk Through This April's Day
By Delmore Schwartz

"Time is the school in which we learn,
Time is the fire in which we burn."

Scrabble Score: Scrabble Queen 300 - "The contender" 304 Yipee!!!!

No comments:

Copyright

©Paul Viel