Saturday, May 13, 2006

Waldport (this time they are hot off the press)

Happy Mother's day to you Sharyn and to all the other mother's who have touched my life with tenderness and strength.



So we got back from Walport and I downloaded some pictures. Do they look familiar? Well these are a year older than the last blog. If you look closely you can see an extra limb on the pine tree to the right (just kidding of course. You can get a larger picture by left clicking the pictures. I made them a little larger than usual. Now I am going to pan from left to right and keep in mind these are from a spot in front of, and leaning against the Musemobile in out campsite.

I love the illusion of this bridge running into infinity.

The Alsea Bridge goes over the Alsea River and Alsea Bay so I guess the seals sunning themselves on the Alsea Memorial Sand Bar are All Sea Seals.


I watched a show a few days ago. I think it was on the History Channel ant it was about the expected Northwest Tsunami that could generate a wave 100 feet tall. Now that is the Pacific Ocean beyond the houses. The houses are at most 30 feet high. I like Ocean and River/Bay views but I don't think this choice of homesites is very safe. Just to set the record straight I'd take any one of the houses if someone wants to trade.

Here is another view of the Pacific and the homes taken from a trail about 100 yards from the campsite.


Oh an just to prove this is where we were camped and the wonderful view was the one we had all week; I took this picture from inside the Musemobile.


I like to please my friends, so Doreen, this one is for you I know the moss fascinates you even though you let no moss grow under your feet.


absolutely beautiful green grass on the side of the hill near the trail I walked.


I had to move fast to get this crow flying over.


On the way back we stopped at Cook's Chasm. This wayside is at the southern end of Cape Perpetua National Scenic Area. This is the Cook's Chasm Bridge and it has a walkway from the north side (Where the parking is located) over the Chasm to the south side.


From the middle of the bridge you can see the tidepools below. On the left bank near where the largest rock is in the creek is a Blow Hole. Unfortunately it was low tide when the were there so we didn't get to see it spouting water into the air.


I was thankful for the steel railing as I walked over the bridge but leery of the painted over rust.


Looking back to the north you can get some idea of the ruggedness of the Oregon Coast.


Scrabble - We did play tonight but in honor of Mother's day I forgot the score.

Quote of the Day ~
"A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials heavy and sudden, fall upon us; when adversity takes the place of prosperity; when friends who rejoice with us in our sunshine desert us; when trouble thickens around us, still will she cling to us, and endeavor by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts."

Washington Irving quotes (American writer called the first American man of letters. Best known for the short stories The Legend of Sleepy Hollow and Rip Van Winkle. 1783-1859) - As an aside we have been over the Rip Van Winkle Bridge on NY Route 23 crossing the Hudson River at the town of Hudson. It was honoring Washington Irving a New York Native.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to my other mother! i miss you very much. hope to come and visit soon.
love always,
michelle

p.s. my parents brought the sun your way, you can take the rain back now :)

Copyright

©Paul Viel