Friday, May 01, 2009

May Art Walk in Eugene

Another month has come and gone and it is now time for my First Friday Unaffiliated and Personal Art Walk.

My adventure this month started with my parking near an alley east of Willamette Street where two folks were walking toward the Welcome to Eugene Downtown. It was overcast but the weather was very nice.


I went by OPUSIX for a quick shot and was saddened to see they were closing in a month. They run a really nice art gallery/store and I know they will be missed.



After I walked out I decided to get yet another shot of the parking garage stairway (I mist have 20 or so of this one thing. Go figure.


Then I walked over to Jacobs Gallery at the Hult Center getting a shot of this sculpture I'm still trying to understand. It looks a bit like an anchor - I'll have to check.


I really like the design of the Hult Center and am certain it's the Oregon Northwest style or at least should be.


The little tents are a reflection behind where I'm standing.


It is a great building for reflections.


The ivy at the center is full and looking good ...


... as are the patriotic pansies in red...


... white ...


... and blue.


There was also a great pansy in lavender

On Willamette Street a tango broke out and was pretty cool to see these people having a great time dancing.


Some were taking pictures like me. I ran into Bets Cole while watching the dance and she introduced me to this University of Texas Graduate who found a home in Eugene 17 years ago. He's the photographer standing on the Traffic barricade.


Renee got off work early and she Vern and I walked over to Imagine Gallery that featured the work of Noelle Dass one of my favorite artists. It was sprinkling a little and Renee did her Russian peasant look.


We went to Perugino for coffee and conversation and to listen to a little live music.


It must have been photographer night and I got a shot of this young man with his trusty Canon sporting a lens that looks very impressive.


The group playing was very good and all in all it was a nice night with sight, sounds and even the smell of rain on it's way.

No Scrabble

Quote of the Day
"We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the secret sits in the middle and knows." ~ Robert Frost

No comments:

Copyright

©Paul Viel