Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Metal Mulisha at Eugene Rodeo

Jilly was in town to visit Ed and Sharyn and guess what the Pro Rodeo was here in Eugene.
Well the opening of the rodeo was some wild horses (motorcycles) and riders who thought soaring 35-50 feet above ground was fun.


After all kinds of mid-air contortions they landed on this narrow ramp.


They twisted...



... sat on the handlebars...


... stood on the handlebars....


... and looked like motorcycle geniuses as they flew.



I was amazed at what these three guys could do.


They even threw in a thumbs up. I have to give credit to my new Sony Alpha350 DSLR for these wonderful shots. Considering I was probably 30 yards away and they were moving pretty fast the pictures are amazing. Thank you Sony you are "the one and only" in my books with this camera.

Another great stunt barely touching the cycle.


How do they do this?


Jaw dropping...


Look ma no hands


All of these jumps ended with great safe landings.


This is no trick photography.


Yes he is really upside down.


Back to vertical.


Good golly Miss Molly


Hopping back on.


No U-Turns allowed


Fly with me.


Back to earth.


It's hard to believe but he landed safely


That's all folks.

Great guys and a great show.

Scrabble Score - Scrabble queen got a double - triple - Bingo 149 points on one play - enough said

Quote of the Day ~
"I think these shows with the young kids doing these jumps, doing these fantastic back flips, I think they're absolutely great. They did what I never did. " ~ Evel Knievel (October 17, 1938 – November 30, 2007)

Knievel ended high school after sophomore year and got a job in the copper mines with the Anaconda Mining Company as a diamond drill operator . He was then promoted to surface duty where he drove a large earth mover. Knievel was dismissed when he made the earth mover do a motorcycle-type wheelie and drove it into Butte's main power line.

2 comments:

pinkfairy0001 said...

Oh my word! That camera is amazing, I'm a bit green, but I'd probably not know what to do with it anyway.
Motorbikes are one of my passions, they've got to be the best pictures of a stunt show I've seen ever!!
Thankies!
~~PF~~

Rain Trueax said...

Fanatastic photos. You and the camera did good

Copyright

©Paul Viel