Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Lane Community College Art Show


Lane Community College (LCC) is having a student art show and loving art I decided to go and get some pictures.



My friend Renee Manford had this award winning image called "The Range of Light" and I think it's one of her best pieces. I especially liked the range of colors and it was a little like looking at a rainbow that was rearranged to show nature at it's best.


One of the pieces was this cabinet with each drawer containing it's own piece of art.


This is a look into the middle drawer open in the above picture


This wonderfully understated triptych.

"The triptych form arises from early Christian art, and was the standard format for altar paintings from the Middle Ages onwards. Its geographical range was from the eastern Byzantine churches throughout to the English Celtic church in the west. Renaissance painters and sculptors such as Hans Memling and Hieronymus Bosch used the form." source Wikipedia


I really liked the upper triptych and got to meet the artist Mathieu Poe in the art lab earlier.


This was really an interesting piece with overlays of figures and was very impressive up close.


Micah Weber did this one it's titled "Self Portrait in the mode of Anselm Keifer. " It's a little hard to tell but it's a very large painting.


This creation was by Daniel B Spitzer and was a Paint, Ink and Photo transfer.


Nicole Fraley did "Mother-Bird-Man a Mixed media including some nails.


Great mask a great eye catcher and wonderfully presented.


The large painting of the black woman won the top award but it had to be a very difficult choice in all the wonderful art on display.


The large colorful and haunting image was done by an artist named Shelly that I met on a prior visit to the Art Lab when I did a blog on the making of a monotype print.

I really loved this vertical triptych of eyes...

They were very simple and yet the expressions ...

Were full of depth.


This was a very nice piece that made me want to know more about the subject.


One of my shots of Shelly's painting was way over exposed and then I tried to "bring it out" this was the result.


I have to say these may be students but in every sense of the word they are also wonderful artists to an equal degree.

Scrabble Score - The queen is back Scrabble Queen beat me by 16 tonight even though I had two bingos.

Quote of the Day
"We turned at a dozen paces, for love is a duel, and looked at each other for the last time." ~ Jack Kerouac, On the Road,

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Brilliant blog post.
~~PF~~

Copyright

©Paul Viel