Friday, July 27, 2007

Hill climbing made difficult

Well here we are at 7 Feather RV again.

This time I was sent to harvest Oregon Blackberries from the hill in front of the Musemobile (our Winnebago Sightseer) because we need more berries for the winter.

While on the hill being stuck by blackberry thorns I came across these strange little balls. I think they fell from a tree but I wasn't pleased with being scarred by thorns so I moved on.

This is Oregon and anything that stands still for a moment gets covered with something green, grey or black. This fallen limb got the green stuff.

While on the hill I got a good shot of the Musemobile and our campsite.

So here is a husband and wife team parking a huge land cruiser luxury coach. She gave hand signals like a catcher in baseball. I think one is for fastball and two is for curve.

Hands down must mean you are doing fine, keep coming.

Touchdown - Wait that's a football signal.

Watching the show was Dick, Jane and Fido from across the creek.

Our neighbor Bill Becker was too bust creating a walking stick to notice. He later showed me a great collection of walking sticks he had made. They were all wonderfully hand crafted and each one unique from the different woods including a Yucca Stem that was strong but light as a feather.

Of course I took some weird shots of the sun filtering through the trees giving a prismatic glow...

...and beautiful streaks of light.

I liked the effect of this shot of a tree in the light framed by others in the shade.

Another interesting thing was the roots of two trees exposed by creek erosion.

Bill is a great neighbor I really enjoyed talking with him today. He is what makes Marines great through and through.

Bill's wife Mabel and a dog and a cat or two are their traveling family -- oops I can't forget the Pepper plant resting on their picnic table. Mabel plays the accordion and plays it wonderfully. I got a treat listening to her playing today as I sat in the Musemobile playing on the PC.

The creek is essentially dry except for this small pool of water in a deeper spot. It's probably from the evening watering the RV park does.

Scrabble Score ~ Scrabble Queen 392 - the contender 285 Yucky Yucky Yucky !!!

Quote of the Day
"The raising of that flag on Suribachi means a Marine Corps for the next 500 years." ~ James Forrestal - Secretary of the Navy - 23rd February 1945
I have received more than a few emails from veterans of the battle for Iwo Jima asking if I'd fought there or was a relative of a man with the same name as mine. It wasn't me, however. The closest I came to that battle was watching Clint Eastwood's "Letters from Iwo Jima." It was a movie that anyone who doesn't understand respect for our soldiers should see.

No comments:

Copyright

©Paul Viel