Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Silly me


Last night I was bored - yes I'm a political wonk, junkie, groupie, follower and finally someone I wanted to win won an election. 


I was so bored last night I went out on the front porch and took a nighttime picture of all the leaves on our neighbor Serena's back yard. 


In the morning I took some pictures of tiny mushrooms growing in the back garden...


Then I took another picture - oh I must have taken 10 pictures by final count. 


Some excitement however came in the mail. Maude Kerns is having a show and sale called "Art for All Seasons" and I was invited to enter two pictures in the show. After the show I'll post them. Until then you are invited, if possible, to come to Eugene, Oregon between November 21st through December 19th for the show. I hope my artist friends from this area will be there as well. 

The show is at a perfect time since Aunt Vivian and Monica are coming from Texas and Jilly is coming up from California. Now if we could only get the Massachusetts Sox Fans  and the family from San Diego and Belgium and Virginia here  I'd be in seventh heaven. 

Scrabble Score - Scrabble Queen - 332 - The Contender 329

Quote of the Day ~
"The ability to make a truly artistic photograph is not acquired off-hand, but is the result of an artistic instinct coupled with years of labor." - Alfred Stieglitz was an American photographer who was instrumental over his fifty-year career in making photography an acceptable art form alongside painting and sculpture. Many of his photographs are known for appearing like those other art forms, and he is also known for his marriage to painter Georgia O'Keefe, most famous for her large-scale paintings of flowers.


1 comment:

Michelle said...

we'll be there in spirit!
love,
ALL the Hogles (but especially the littlest one)

Copyright

©Paul Viel