Sunday, October 01, 2006

Run River Run - In this case the Willamette

Near the town of Westfir that has the longest covered bridge in Oregon is one of our favorite RV parks. It's Casey's on the River and yest we were here not too long ago. We rode our bikes across the bridge to take a shot of the park from the other side of the Willamette - snap! Looking west across the river.


Looking East - snap! - The North nork of the Willamette. I really liked the leaning maple starting to show its' Autum colors.


The river was very clear along this stretch of the river.


I thought this rock was interesting, but then maybe just to me.


We rode back to the Musemobile had lunch and watched a movie then I went back out as the sunn approached the peaks. This view of the Willamette was to the SSW (South South West) and looking up river.


Again looking from the bridge to the North.


I moved a little farther across the bridge and too this picture at mid-span. I liked the fall colors along the river.


Looking down from the bridge I thought this rock formation looked like a man floating on his back. Mmmmm maybe I should check my glasses.


The growth on the rocks show many colors and give great depth to the images along with the collected pools of water on the rocks and of course the river itself.


Now this really is a Fall picture with leaves in the water and on the rocks.


More rocks and water - snap!


A side tributary taking a shortcut to the bridge.


It's hard to believe the sheer volume of water flowing down this river considering there is very little snow-pack left in the mountains and the rain has been sparse all summer.


A look down the bridge at the micro-musemobile (my hand-down Schwinn from Jill and Jesse) a fine ride great for healthy living and good for my self image as well.




Scrabble Scores:
September 30 ~ Scrabble Queen 391 - The Contender 308
October 1 ~ Scrabble Queen 308 - The Contender 298

Quotes for Yesterday and Today ~
"My purpose is to make my narrative as truthful as possible."

"There are not enough Indians in the world to defeat the Seventh Cavalry."
~ George Armstrong Custer


Custer fought with the 5th Cavalry at both Battles of Antietam and Chancellorsville. He was promoted from First Lieutenant to Brigadier General at age 23 (the youngest in the Union Army) three days before the Battle of Gettysburg.

Later he was demoted to Lieutentant Colonel and assigned to the 7th US Cavalry at Fort Riley Kansas where Mattme (my 2nd son) served.

May 17, 1876 George Armstrong Custer fought his last battle at Little Big Horn.

No comments:

Copyright

©Paul Viel