Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Sears Road Reprised

Be sure to click on the pictures for a larger view and use the back button of your browser to return to this page.

It's just 1/2 mile away, as the crow flies, and it's a pretty normal rural area. Not much you can call traveling and I took the mini-musemobile. About a year ago I took some pictures on Sears road. Sears road is the scenic route (my opinion) from Creswell to Cottage Grove. It's mostly rural scenery a person hardly notices.


Big trees, old farm houses and the panorama is incredible.


It's really striking how stopping to see the fields makes a difference between the ordinary and the beautiful.


Then again Sears road has something most other rural roads, in the US at least, do not have, a castle.


I noticed most the expansive sky.


I noticed how quickly it changed


I noticed the color variations and combinations.


Most of all I noticed what a difference it makes to really, really look at the place we live and the wonder of my rediscovered familiar surroundings


No Scrabble

Quote of the Day ~ I watched a movie last night called {proof} about a mathematician and his daughter. The movie centered around a world where the mathematical {proof} was earth shattering but a truly esoteric exercise. Today Google's quote of the day was the one below.
"Today's scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality."

~and this one I also found which was the crux of the movie~

"The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite insane."
Nikola Tesla, July, 1934 US (Serbian-born) electrical inventor (1857 - 1943) He Died the year I was born

No comments:

Copyright

©Paul Viel