Friday, October 26, 2012

Playing With My New Toy

 So who doesn't love playing with a new toy. I love my Canon Power Shot SX40 it does great close in photography ...

 ... fish-eye ...

... and excellent telephoto quality.



 It was a partially cloudy day but I still managed to get good color in normal ...

 ... and vivid mode.

 Bear in mind I'm still learning the settings ...

 ... but I occasionally got some superb shots (these are reduced size and you really can't see the detail you can in the 12 MP larger size pictures)

 The bridge in this picture is at least a quarter of a mile away...

 ... this shot is a little closer...

 ... but like I said I'm learning the settings and f stop is next so the background is blurred on this bench a larger f stop (focal length) would have cleared up the background - I will go back here and redo this shot.

 I did get my usual railing shot...

 ... tested grain on this tree and dying vine...

 ... then got a picture of 14 Cirque Du Soleil trucks at the mall parking lot...

... and a nicely color shot of the poster ...

...but my favorite was this accidental eagle - the bald type that  flew into one of my frames of a picture of the river.

Quote of the Day - "There is nothing worse than a sharp image of a fuzzy concept." ~ Ansel Adams


3 comments:

Isaac Viel said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Isaac Viel said...

Love the photos, dad. Glad to see you're out using the new camera!

Yevonne said...

Excellent shots! its nice that camera manufacturers lowered down the prices - it brings out the photographer on just about anyone :)

Though I would still prefer my wireless headset over a camera any day ;)

Copyright

©Paul Viel