Friday, March 02, 2007

Where is Our Blooming Spring

It's March so where is the blooming spring. We are in our third winter, I even played golf a week or so ago then it rained, got colder, again I might add, and the clouds are not aware they should be harassing North Dakota or Upstate New York. I'm getting my photography business slowly off the ground and sold three pictures (will deliver and get paid Monday) so it's a start.

I have a program on my PC that produces a cool fade in fade out slide show. I was testing some new batteries to see how long they last and in shooting the PC screen I got this image of a Morning Glory in the process of being replaced by a California Poppy. The result was a patriotic (red, white, and blue) image.


So now everyone knows what weird thing go on in my mind when I'm bored. It is a pretty cool image though created by chance. Perhaps I can sell it on E-Bay like the grilled cheese with Marys' image burned in or the screen with an image of Jesus. Well that's just my skeptic speaking. We are on the road near Portland just getting out to to get out again.

I even got so bored I entered one of my poems in a contest Blue Mountain Cards is having. Fat Chance but as I said I was bored but here is the poem

since i met you

my world is wider and deeper
the sky is bluer and higher
my rivers flow faster
oceans are deeper
waves higher
songs have notes sweeter by far
rainbows are brighter
soothing rain falls warmer
everyone is more beautiful
rock music rings true
flowers bloom earlier
nothing and everything has changed
since i met you

It isn't a rhyming poem but heck, at least it's mine.

Scrabble Score Scrabbled Queen 359 the contender 298 (or something like that)

Quote of the Day Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Today is Dr. Seuss' birthday

Theodor Seuss Geisel (March 2, 1904 – September 24, 1991) was a famous American writer and cartoonist best known for his classic children's books under the pen name Dr. Seuss, including The Cat in the Hat, Green Eggs and Ham, and How the Grinch Stole Christmas. His books have become staples for many children and their parents. Seuss' trademark was his rhyming text and outlandish creatures. He also wrote under the pseudonym Theo. LeSieg. He wrote and illustrated 48 children's books.
Geisel was born on March 2, 1904 in Springfield, Massachusetts. Ted's father was a parks commissioner in charge of a huge park that included within its borders a zoo and was located three blocks from the library


No comments:

Copyright

©Paul Viel