Monday, March 23, 2009

Around the Ranch


Jill and George were off at work so today we ran a few errands and I took some pictures at the Takach Ranch. I started at the barn and with the old wagon wheel...


... and the Lukenbach Beer sign complete with antlers.


As I walked I saw a lizard darting into a hole in the ground.


Then I looked back at Willie and Teddy at the barn and took this picture.


Here is a closer view.


When I got to the far end of the corral Teddy walked over to say hello.


Then I concentrated on the local flora and it's many forms and colors - yellow...

... red and green sumac...

... a sweet blue pea...

... and these small red flowers and ...

... something that looked like wild asparagus.

I thought this was holly but Jill told me later she thinks it's an oak seedling.


I got this shot of the road that reminded me of a meandering creek at first glance.


I thought this was a cool shot but I don't know what it is a shot of.


This is a pretty yellow weed and very tiny.


By luck I noticed this lady bug (good luck) rolled in a leaf like a tiny taco in a shell.


They are a little hard to make out but these little plants look like miniature pitchforks.


One more look at Teddy one of the prettiest buckskins I've ever seen and reminds me of an old TV series called Range Rider.

No Scrabble today (yes, again)

Quote of the Day
"Seize the moment of excited curiosity on any subject to solve your doubts; for if you let it pass, the desire may never return, and you may remain in ignorance." ~ William Wirt

1 comment:

Diane Widler Wenzel said...

Still cold here in Oregon. I am most impressed by the length of horns on the bovine and delicate flowers in contrast.

Copyright

©Paul Viel